Friday 10 March 2017

Hello Parents!


Today the students started off their morning with Music. Following that, we took up our math homework, and then I gave the students a math review. They were instructed to complete the “Show What You Know” section in their textbook (P#300-301). I suggest that they complete this, as well as the “Cumulative Review” (P#304-305) in their textbook, as it will be good practice for the test. Just a reminder, the unit 8 math test will be on TUESDAY, MARCH 28TH.
After lunch, we discussed the ending of their novel study book, and I went over the project options in details. I then asked the students which option they would like to do, and made note of who is doing what. Students are encouraged to start brainstorming ideas, and try to gather materials during the break. If they have the time, they could even start their project. I will be giving the students 3 days when they get back to work on it, as it will be due on THURSDAY, MARCH 30TH.
After novel study, the students had Gym, and then I asked them to fill out their report card comments. Report cards will be going home on Friday, March 31st.  After that, they had second break, and then headed to French for a bit. Shortly after, the students headed to the auditorium, for the PYP Dance Party! After that, they got ready to go home.
A lot of students mentioned that they will be going away this March Break, and others talked about the fun things they’ll be doing while they’re home. I wish everyone a safe and fun break, and I hope you all get to sleep in a bit! I will be out of the country from the 12th to the 20th, so I may not have access to my email during that time. If you send me an email, I will definitely respond when I get back.

Just a few important notes before I go:
1.       Math: Unit 8 test on TUESDAY, MARCH 28th.
2.       Novel Study: Students can begin working on their project over the March Break. They will have some class time to complete it when they get back (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday). It will be due on Thursday, March 30th.
3.       Report Cards will be sent home on FRIDAY, MARCH 31ST.


That’s it for today! I hope everyone has a wonderful March Break, and I’ll see everyone in 2 weeks!

Ms. Ramnarine
Grade 5

St. Jude’s Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment