Thursday 30 March 2017

Hello Parents!

Today the students start off their morning with Novel Study presentations! Names were pulled out of a bucket, and students stood in front of the class and spoke about their project. I was able to complete their rubric as they presented, so they will be sent home today. Please sign and return them tomorrow. Following the presentations, we set up the desks (the same way we had them for the Science Fair), and placed the projects around the classroom.

After lunch, classes came by our classroom to see our projects, and the students got the opportunity to explain their projects. (See below for a few pictures). Once that period was done, the students went outside for gym, and then they had second break. They had French following that, and then they filled out their agendas when they got back to class. At the end of the day, the Grade 6’s came by to see our projects, and then the students got ready to go home.

I let the students know that I will not be in tomorrow, as March 31st marks one year since my Mom passed away. I will be with my family tomorrow, so I may not have access to my email. Should you need to contact me, send me an email, and I will try my best to reply over the weekend. Regardless, the Supply Teacher for tomorrow will have my lesson plan, and they will distribute the report cards at the end of the day.

Just a few important notes before I go:
1.       Novel Study: please sign and return your child’s rubric.
2.       SPELLING: Lesson #23 test is TOMORROW (March, 31st). Words are up on the blog!
3.       Tomorrow (Friday, March 31), is Autism Awareness Day, and we ask students to wear blue on this day. We are also asking students to donate “Toonies for Autism,” which will go towards this cause.
4.       Report Cards will be sent home TOMORROW (FRIDAY, MARCH 31ST).  
5.       Just a reminder the ordering site http://mydigitalmailroom.com/sja is now open to order April Lunches. Please use your previously created accounts to log in. If you are having an issue logging in this may mean your account has been frozen because you have an outstanding balance due. Please contact bsmith@stjudesacademy.com if you have any questions. Please keep in mind that we do not reimburse for absent days or field trips.  Orders must be placed by TOMORROW (Fri. March 31st) at 4pm and payments must be received by Monday April 3rd in order to process your lunch order.
6.       Parent- Teacher interview forms are due on TOMORROW (Friday, March 31st). Timeslots are based on a first come, first serve basis. Actual Parent- Teacher interviews will be on Thursday, April 6th, from 4pm to 8pm.

That’s pretty much it for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Ms. Ramnarine
Grade 5

St. Jude’s Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment