Wednesday 23 November 2016

Hello, parents!

I know how fast the time flies, so I don’t want to take up too much of it! Just a few important notes:

1.       In math, we took up lesson 8 (multiplying decimals), and then learned about dividing decimals by 10 (lesson 9). For homework, students were assigned p#62 and 63 in their workbook; however, like yesterday, many of them were able to complete this work in class again!
2.       For our UOI, the students will began working on their artifacts. Again,  please make sure they bring whatever materials they may need, as many students were unable to start this component due to a lack of specific supplies. I was able to go to the dollar store yesterday, and picked up some materials, but as you can imagine, those materials can only help out so much. I gave out Bristol boards today, so students can start working on their presentation boards as soon as possible. Only one student out of their group will focus on the board, while the other partner focuses on the artifact.  
3.       The Science Fair is TOMORROW!!! At this point, your child should just be putting last minute touches on their poster boards. I highly suggest you refer to the booklet I put together, which includes a template of a poster board, as well as the rubric I will be using to mark each project. It will be helpful to follow these pages, as all of the requirements and expectations are listed directly on it! Many parents have emailed me to tell me how useful that booklet is, so if you haven’t looked at it yet, you might want to as soon as possible! Remember, you are more than welcome to come join us tomorrow too! Parents are able to come from 2:30-3:30pm, and our Grade 5's will be set up in our classroom!
4.       December lunch order forms are due this Friday (November 25th).
5.       There will be a French test this Friday (November 25th), and Mme. Stella is available during recesses for extra help.
6.       We also have our Lesson #11 spelling test this Friday! I know… so much to do!
7.       I handed out the PARENT-TEACHER INTERVIEW FORMS today. Please fill them out and send them back as soon as possible, as the time slots are booked on a first come basis. We will be accepting these forms until Wednesday, November 30th.
8.       The ART REACH WORKSHOP for Grade 5 will be on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2nd from 12pm to 2pm. Since uniforms are to be worn, it was advised that students bring an old t-shirt (or art smock), so their uniforms don’t get messy. Although I don’t know much about this, if you have any questions, please ask me and I’ll acquire the answer from someone more informed. Please note that not all students are participating, as I have a list of about 10 students from our class. If you cannot remember if your child is involved or not, I can make a note of it in your child’s agenda.

As you are assisting your child with their homework/ projects, please email me if you need extra information, or have any questions! Good luck, and I hope you all have a wonderful night!

Ms. Ramnarine
Grade 5

St. Jude’s Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment