Tuesday 22 November 2016

Hello, parents!

Just a few brief notes, so you can spend most this evening helping your child, instead of reading my long and boring blog!

1.       In math, we took up lesson 7 (subtracting decimals), and then learned about multiplying  decimals by 10 and 100 (lesson 8). For homework, tudents were assigned p#60 and 61 in their workbook; however, many of them were able to complete this work in class (yay, them!).
2.       For spelling, students were assigned p# 45-48, but again, some students were able to complete all of this work in class!
3.       For our UOI, students should have completed all (or most) of their research for their selected Ancient Civilization. Tomorrow the students will begin working on their artifact, so please make sure they bring whatever materials they may need. I will be giving out Bristol boards tomorrow, so students will also be able to start working on their presentation boards.
4.       The Science Fair is this Thursday!! At this point, your child should have already tested their experiment, and have gathered all of their results and analyzed them. They should be in the process of typing up their information (if they haven’t done so already), and start creating their poster board. I highly suggest you refer to the booklet I put together, which includes a template of a poster board, as well as the rubric I will be using to mark each project. It will be helpful to follow these pages, as all of the requirements and expectations are listed directly on it! Many parents have emailed me to tell me how useful that booklet is, so if you haven’t looked at it yet, you might want to as soon as possible!
5.       December lunch order forms are due this Friday (November 25th).
6.       There will be a French test this Friday (November 25th), and Mme. Stella is available during recesses for extra help.
7.       The ART REACH WORKSHOP for Grade 5 will be on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2nd from 12pm to 2pm. Since uniforms are to be worn, it was advised that students bring an old t-shirt (or art smock), so their uniforms don’t get messy. Although I don’t know much about this, if you have any questions, please ask me and I’ll acquire the answer from someone more informed. Please note that not all students are participating, as I have a list of about 10 students from our class. If you cannot remember if your child is involved or not, I can make a note of it in your child’s agenda.

I think that summarizes all of the important notes for today. As you are assisting your child with their homework/ projects, please email me if you need extra information, or have any questions! Good luck, and I hope you all have a wonderful night!

Ms. Ramnarine
Grade 5

St. Jude’s Academy

No comments:

Post a Comment